View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #52
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 519tbarr View Post
Ollie
Not cool buddy.
I know who you are refering to - that would be me.
Yeah that would be you, sorry if I offended you. Alas you're so convinced that this must be a REAPER issue that you

- posted that multiple times in the forums
- created 2 premature bug reports in the tracker I had to clean out
- piggyback on other threads about an "high CPU" issue and add confusion, the other one was actually about an old Intel Q6600

despite all the indications and replies to you about how unclear is what the culprit is. Spreading your still very unfounded and overgeneralizing theory anywhere is just adding noise and confusion. I think I tried to explain why this is not going to help you or anyone else in your thread.

Quote:
Should i be upset when i buy a new cpu and my favorite DAW does not seem to work or be compatible with the current windows OS. Absolutely.
Did you read my reply in your own thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
However if you want to play music instead of playing with the OS, consider staying with Win 7 since Win 8 doesn't really win you anything for that application. On production systems, the objective is usually creating a stable platform for your application, not "having the latest" at all (setup, research, testing) costs.
For any DAW software, there are combinations of hardware, drivers and OS that turn out worse than other configurations or slight variations of it. It's not possible to give a warranty on how it performs on an individual configuration.

Alas you're not very computer savvy so it turned out to be very hard to help you or get meaningful responses to find out more closely what's going on, and it's very important to rule out the various issues causing "high CPU usage".

"High CPU usage" is an absolutely universal problem occurring with all kinds of software, operating systems and computer configurations and can't be easily pinpointed to the currently running software most times, there are just too many variables.

Quote:
I believe you have made those references in other posts out here.

Quote:
you have put your earmuffs on in your own defense...i get it...
I'm afraid you don't. I'm currently trying to find out more about the issue again in this thread, because the OP seems to be less interested in yelling blue murder and more interested in finding out what's wrong and apt to help ruling out the usual suspects and finding out what substantial information to pass to the devs, or what Preferences tweak makes the problem go away.

So may I ask you to stay with Windows 7 (which is an option for you after all) for the time being and participate only passively in this and other troubleshooting threads so we can try to pinpoint what the issue is in a more targeted way? It may help you faster than adding confusion and insisting on your theory. Thank you.

Quote:
ive emailed support @ cockos with no response.
Thank you for your email and complaint about me, it couldn't be processed for a few days due to illness, sorry.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote