View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 08:56 AM   #10
Thonex
Human being with feelings

Quoting myself from another thread:

Adding pdc_midi = 1.0 to code is almost a great solution, however, it is not perfect. There is a problem:

1) Insert and instance of the Time Adjustment JS plugin with the custom line of code set to (say) -100ms.
2) Play back a MIDI part with the cursor at the downbeat of the part, the notes on the downbeat don't get played.

This would seem plausible since the notes on the downbeat are actually now moved backward in time so the cursor doesn't "catch" it. However, in my experience, other DAWs don't have this issue (certainly not Cubase or Nuendo) so they must be compensating playback start time somehow.

For most folks, losing the notes on playback where the cursor is parked would be a serious shortcoming. I know it is for me. We always have our MIDI parts set to measures and beats and the cursor follows suit. Any way to fix this?

Last edited by Thonex; 04-05-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Thonex is offline   Reply With Quote