Thread: EZmix 2
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
sixstringer
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffe1973 View Post
...After getting EZmix 2 last week I can definetly say that itīs my "bread & butter" plugin! The tons of preset makes (I think so) even the most hardened mix engineer to find great sound on any instrument or vocals.
I just finished an album on which I used EZmix 2 extensively throughout, along with ReaEQ and the LV1 reverb plug. I am very happy with the results achieved using EZmix 2.

I used EZmix (1) on a previous album just sparingly and that recording has already garnered four music awards. Not saying this to brag, but rather to point out that there are "serious" producers/musicians who find EZmix 2 to be a valuable tool in the studio.

Before I bought EZmix I read a bunch of reviews, mostly by people who never used it, poo-poo'ing the idea of presets and saying if we all start using it all our music will sound the same. Don't buy into that philosophy. All of us hear things differently and on that alone all our various musics will have it's own sound. Plus we're all at varying levels of being a mix engineer, professional or otherwise, and that too plays largely into what a final mix sounds like.

EZmix (1&2) have saved me many hours of tweaking. Yes, you still have to find the right setting that works for you but you sure get a great place to start from. Don't be embarrassed by the tools you use in your studio. If it works...use it!

Michael
sixstringer is offline   Reply With Quote