View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #21
Jeffos
Mortal

hey Bevosss!
sorry but I just get your point in post 19, the point was a bug! Yeah it's worse than what I said, those 3 acions are simply broken, confirmed and fixed. Though, cue bus created with the cue bus window are OK (I should have test the rest too ).
also, do we say "buss" (rather than "bus") ? If so, let me know so that I also put a correct wording in next sws extension build.

Then for those macro improvments, I plan what follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
Ahhh Jeffos...I might be missing something here, but it doesnt seem to be working as I expected.

First, these 2 actions seem identical:
- SWS/S&M: Open cue bus window-
and
SWS/S&M: Create cue bus track from track selection (prompt)

both do the same thing here...?
ok, there'll be just 1 action ("Create cue bus track from track selection (prompt)" simply renamed into "Open cue bus window")

Quote:
Open Cue Bus window is very cool once set up, EXCEPT I cannot put it in a macro because it requires a manual Enter and Escape after running it. ( I need to macro it to cut it, select my first track which is my click source, and paste it after that.)
those 3 actions will now use the last saved cue bus properties (except the receive type which is of course overrided by the action one):
- SWS/S&M: Create cue bus track from track selection, Pre-Fader (Post-FX)
- SWS/S&M: Create cue bus track from track selection, Post-Fader (Post-Pan)
- SWS/S&M: Create cue bus track from track selection, Pre-FX
for macros I also added:
- SWS/S&M: Create cue bus track from track selection, this one will use the last saved cue bus properties

Quote:
What I would really like if possible, is after setting up the cue bus window, running the Create Cue Bus From Track Selection would automatically create a Track named Cue Buss with receives from the selected tracks, and Hardware Output as already setup in the Cue Buss window, done...with all routing windows closed. This would be awesome and macro-able.
for the 1st part, yes, see above, then no prob for opening or not routing windows as this is part of the cue bus properties (see tick bow in the cue bus window). so, what you will be able to do:
- open the cue bus window once
- set your favorite cue bus setting (e.g. form track template with "show routing window" unticked )
- "Save properties" (yeah, I've added that button not to force people to create a useless cue bus in order to save the cue bus parameters)
=> now the "Create cue bus track from track selection" will use your favorite parameters

(following another Q) note that a track template includes: bus name, hw outputs, main/parent send state. that's why those fields are grayed when using a template.
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote