View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 10:15 PM   #54
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by insub View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I've been wondering about some of the other brands that I've noticed people aren't talking about. Specifically, on the cheap end, there are a lot of Dean and Ibanez bases that are priced for beginners.

Here's a plug for Ibanez. I wonder if their low-end basses are any good. But, so far I've got my eye on that Hadean you recommended. The features to price ratio is just hard to pass up.
The super low end Dean I mentioned earlier doesn't have as cool of electronics as this Ibanez, but the price difference is the same as sticking aftermarket pickups in the Dean. The trouble is, for me at least, I don't see any low end 24 fret Dean basses anymore. This particular Ibanez has the crappy Fender style block heel, so its hard to get to the upper frets, the last Hadean four string that I saw had the good all access neck joint

The crazy thing about the Dean Vendetta series was that, even though it was 100 dollars, there was nothing begginer about it, one of our best super shredders still plays hers if she's using 6 string. The bass version was equally awesome, here's one of our kid bands playing one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erzo8A7k3-Y
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote