View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 12:40 PM   #40
Dutch
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson schulbus View Post
Thanks to everyone's generosity and knowledge I am making pretty good progress towards my goal. The truncated recording session issue has been solved by a combo of changing the PC power settings to stay on and upping one of the capacity settings (which one escapes me right now) the I was able to capture a couple full sets of usable raw material to see what comes next. Had success getting the files in sensible order and transferred between computers. The first listen had me scared. pretty awful sounding. But I have learned how to use the necessary plug-ins to put things on the right track. Basic EQ, compression, FX, autotune, etc and it transformed the tracks into something very usable. Took a couple cracks at mastering and rendering and the results were very usable. I'll go back now as I learn more from digesting YouTube tutorials and make them even better. I am still struggling with the most basic mechanics of working around the actual waveforms. I keep doing things by clicking in that area that baffle me. The simplest act of cropping the ends off things, fade in and out are something I need to be way better at and stop sliding individual tracks around or out of place. And after that to figure out what piece of equipment I need to interface instrument with PC to attempt some over dubs, punch in's, etc.

I do keep getting this message on opening every associated .RPP file:

"The following file could not be found: 01-170918_1911.wav"

Not sure what file that might be or how important it is but I seem to be able to ignore it and it has no impact on anything else. I am thinking I will have to remake my master project file/template to eventually rid the system of this issue.
Yep.
When making your template there was a .wav file in your file recorded 18th september '17 at 19:11 hrs. This exact file will not be in any new projects, so it wants to know where it went.
Save the template without the recordings and next time it shouldn't ask for it again. Maybe "save as new template" to a new name.