View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
Allan Love
Human being with feelings

Default Bus/Folder Problems - (mixing using plugins for vocals)

Whatsup guys,

I'm new to Reaper. I'm trying to mix a song, but I'm having some technical difficulties. I want to use the same plugins (Ex. ReaEQ, ReaComp and Reaverb) all on multiple tracks (track 1, 2, 3), without using up too much CPU. (They're vocal tracks that I have stacked)

I've researched how to bus tracks, but it's not responding. It won't send or receive the plugins to the tracks when I create a separate FX track to send the plugins to (placed above the vocals). I even tried ticking and unticking the plugins to see if that would fix it, because I read in another thread, that it did, but nothing happened with mine.

Since bus didn't work, I also looked into the folder system. However, when I drag the vocal tracks (below FX) to the FX track (top of vocals), the folder works, but then it eliminates the possibility of adding different plugins to other vocal tracks. The FX button option literally disappears.

I'm confused because it doesn't do that in the tutorial videos I've watched, teaching users about the folder system. Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this issue?

Also, not sure if this helps, but I'm using an HP Laptop (64 bit) - Windows 10. I purchased REAPER v5.40/x64.

Thanks,

Allan
Allan Love is offline   Reply With Quote