View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 03:37 AM   #15
cubic13
Human being with feelings

You're welcomed, sightlessness.

About buying Cubase, what to say ? I have a kind of love and hate relation with it. Until 6.5, it was for me, a reference, both by its features and its UI design. Since, Cubase has becomed more and more bloated, with an increasing amount of unsolved issues : I keep on looking at the Steiny forums and what I see in them really doesn't make me change my mind, since I switched to Reaper, nearly three years ago, giving up at Cubase 7.06 version. They have implemented many things that I would like to see in Reaper since the 6.5 days and I'm still missing several ones (the track inspector, the 3 independent mixer views, the info line, a decent navigator, the Generic Remote devices...), I admit. But, over all, I prefer using Reaper, which is slowly but surely reaching the same level, even if I would really like the bakers to take a little more attention about the way its UI is actually working.

The themes I uploaded here are, honestly, the only ones I use on a daily basis. This is the reason why I have tweaked them to death, with a simple aim : to be as much at ease with Reaper as I was with Cubase 6.5, five years ago. The features set are different, but the UI and the way all the features are presented is essential for me to do what I want when I start a 'DAW' session and, simply said, I still think that the Cubase UI has been for a long time the best one ever done ans still is. From which these themes : I feel so much 'at home' with them.

Thanks for chiming in !
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote