Thread: LCS_Luna
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 01:57 AM   #21
technogremlin
Human being with feelings

At your request I installed the latest Luna version and compared it to both
LCSSolaris and Mahina.

- It's nice that the default mixer panel is resizable.

- In Solaris I use the 'fullscreen' mixer layout, I like that the VU-meter is on top in that layout. However, this is a very minor thing that I wouldn't give any priority.

- The placement of the fader set value is not optimal, you have to search the layout to find it. But I could get used to it. It is better in Solaris_LCS though (see below for more on the VU-section.

- The routing as shown directly below the VU-meter was way better in Solaris (full names instead of just 'M S R'). It takes up a little bit more space, but in Solaris it has this 'at a glance' effect that I miss in Luna (and in Mahina actually).

- I do like the new mixer buttons in Luna, would be nice if the set state would be a little bit brighter.

- I really don't like the round arm-button. It is completely different from the rest of the buttons. At first it didn't even look like a button, more like a light. I would like a similar button to the rest of them.

- I have my mixer in a separate window (on a dedicated monitor) and the top of the FX list is very cramped against the top of the window in Luna. In Solaris there is some stuff above the FX list and in Mahina there are a few pixels space which looks much better.

- The slightly darker areas around the mixer buttons look much better then Mahina, especially with colored tracks.

- Of course I'm missing the strips with separator included

So far, for me Mahina is the better option now. However, Solaris still has a few things I really like and Luna seems like a nice mix between Solaris and Mahina.

Basically, if you could bring back the original VU-section from Solaris_LCS with all the embedded information, change the round arm-button, get the lighted track names from Mahina in there and add some integrated separators (like you did for me in Mahina), this will be a masterpiece theme and I gladly switch to it.

Or just get the Solaris_LCS VU-section in Mahina and be done with it
technogremlin is offline   Reply With Quote