View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 12:28 PM   #5
pcartwright
Human being with feelings

It's not my effect, though I did make some changes to it for my own needs.

You need to understand a few things about the way it works under the hood. You are already familiar with the option to delay. Good. I'll explain why this will probably be your best option.

The effect works by reading in a chunk of MIDI (the buffer), randomizing the note on/off timing, and then saving the result back to the MIDI buffer. That being said, the effect can only work within the space of the buffer. The smaller the buffet, the less randomization you get. Tweaking the slider values won't make any difference.

Schwa included the beat delay to get around this limitation (presumably). I don't recall how this part works exactly, but my guess is that all MIDI data is offset by a beat and the note on/off messages are then randomized from that new value. It ignores the buffer limitation completely, but the side effect is the delay in output.

All that said, tweaking the sliders range is easy, but it won't change the outcome if you don't use the delay feature and your buffer has a low value.

A possible solution:

I'm pretty sure there is a delay plugin on the stash that has a "negative" delay (in other words, a look ahead feature). Try using that with the humanize delay to see if you can make it work. If you can make that setup work, then I'll show you how to tweak the effect.
pcartwright is offline   Reply With Quote