Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenarpharazon View Post
1) Running the logging script only
This works

Quote:
2) Running the MIDIMIX script only
This doesn't work. Except that I see the button addresses in the bottom left corner of oscii-bot window when I do something with midimix .

Quote:
3) Running both the logging script and MIDIMIX script together
Same as before - I see the log but midimix does nothing in REAPER (and yes, the device is configured in REAPER).

Quote:
For combination 3) both scripts use the same @OUTPUT and @INPUT so there is likely to be some contention so perhaps cause the error messages seen. Using the "OMNI" devices to open in the logging script instead could resolve. [see OSCII-bot documentation for this]
Well, there is no such thing as "@OUTPUT" in logging script, but I noticed that there are differences between how the @INPUT is wrote. In MIDIMix script it looks like "@input in MIDI "Mix" and "@input OSC_IN OSC "localhost:9000" but in logging script it looks like "@input HW_IN MIDI "Mix" and "@input HOST_IN OSC "localhost:9000". I've tried to change "@input OSC_IN OSC" for "@input HOST_IN OSC" in the Midimix script but that doesn't improve anything either. Very, very sad situation.

I still cannot understand what could cause a problem with that device and why it just doesn't want to work properly as it worked before. I haven't change anything in its script before the problem occurred. And I understand that there is something wrong with it because, well, the logging in midimix script doesn't work too. Unfortunately, I don't have much time for studying documentation too so I guess that Ill have to forget about it for some time. This is sad too cause I'd like to use that device since it saves my worktime.

From what I understand, Midimix script still gets midi from midimix itself and sends commands to REAPER, but REAPER does not receive them. I even tried to reset my REAPER config but still no luck.

Last edited by theeighth; 03-16-2021 at 08:46 PM.
theeighth is offline   Reply With Quote