View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 02:49 PM   #93
Win Conway
Human being with feelings

We are not anybody to say anything, well unless this a public discussion forum Reaper, oh yeah it is hahaha
Cockos have been very clear that we get what they want to implement, not the other way round, this is fair and anybody having an issue with that is not going to change anything.

Score editor, will be a simple add on that works for a few people, it wont be powerful like a real scoring platform, no way they could achieve that.
Video editor, is and will be a simple add on that works for a few people, make a few geeks get excited and then is forgotten as some sub set feature that not many people actually use because like i said, phones do more already.

This list can go on and on, and often does with Reaper, the only truly developed stuff is the backend stuff like APIs and so on, the good thing about this is that it has spawned things like SWS, those are the real guys adding useful features to Reaper as a DAW, lets be completely fair here, if the backend stuff was non existent then the hardware controller support in Reaper would be totally disgusting, a joke in fact, however third parties have run with that (I think Cockos even funded some of these third parties)
So even though they are not for me directly, the only real features of v4 so far are the backend uninteresting features like API/SDK updates and built in LUA (Actually where the scoring has come from)
This video stuff is just a secondary nonsense that a few people are getting excited about because they have nothing else to get excited about in the v5 so far hahaha
Knock off a few long standing FRs and this video stuff would go unnoticed lol