View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 11:41 AM   #28
robbert-vdh
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax-eterna View Post
it's a very fast system...I now know that yabridgectl has tried to install 6 times...I scolled back up the list....I pressed the cancel and and the end of each attempt it said failed, along with all the fatal messages, so as this whole process has now been running for about 15 minutes I am guessing something very wrong and bad has gone on, and I really do not know how bad it has affected the system.

I am thinking I now need to re-install the whole OS again and start from scratch as I do not know what has been compromised! And I do not know enough about Linux to try and fix it!

I'll be avoiding yabridge in the future though! I was only installing on the off-chance I MIGHT use a windows plug - I am not going to risk it again.
You mean that you tried installing the yabridgectl AUR package, the compilation failed on an error message, and you tried compiling the same package six more times (each time resulting in the same error message)? I'm not quite sure what happened here. Can you post the compilation error? Your system is not compromised, you were just compiling a Rust application. My best guess is that you installed the wrong Rust toolchain in the process.
robbert-vdh is offline   Reply With Quote