View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #11
Gianfini
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender7x77 View Post
K, so to clarify, I must arm and set my values for automation prior to writing automation. Thus, not able to behave like Cubase. So, more a shortcoming of reaper rather than a bug.

@schwa - I apologise, I must have missed your post. I will try this and see if it gets me any closer.
Yes as an alternative you might just add the envelope first (and it get added at current parameter value) and THEN start writing/latching/whatever so that it doesn't get crated at the WRONG default value

@Devs: I think this is quite a usability quirk the I ask you please to address. IS SUM: When envelopes get automatically created during WRITE by adjusting a parameter, the envelope get created at Default level rather than current one

-----------------
Just an anectode that explain why this behavior is unwanted:
Yesterday I got in Write mode with FabFilter ProQ2 EQ, started touching a band at 1500hz and inadvertently moved not only the gain but also the frequency. A frequency envelope was created at the standard value of (ouch!) 300hz... so out of the interval where I adjusted the parameter all was set at 300HZ...

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote