View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 12:05 PM   #7
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

The argument is dead simple: flexibility (aka not everyone works the same way and we all have different needs an expectations). Many of us have experience using modular routing environments and for us it's The Absolute Tits of Valhalla. Your lack of interest in the feature is well established and changes exactly nothing, so let's bury the poor dead horse already, shall we?

I do appreciate your attempt to be cordial about it and the nice words. I'd just like to point out that you are completely free and more than welcome to start your own thread and discuss there whatever your little heart desires. Please try to have some respect for the wishes of others (not to mention the forum guidelines).

And to further illustrate the benefit of an ideal modular routing environment just imagine you've made loads of routings between loads of tracks. If you open the routing matrix it might help you to get an overview of the connections (it merely confuses me). Or you could look at the pin matrix for individual tracks and try to sort it out with the super-not-fun number matching game, as I like to call it. But what if you could see the flow of audio flowing through all those connections. Can you picture how that might help you figure out why x track isn't sounding the way you expect or possibly even making sound at all. Such a visual system does not exist in the analog world. Problem solving in live sound work would be 1000x easier if you could see audio flowing through wires, but you can't. If you can't see the advantage of that, I cannot help you. Just ignore the feature. It's not for you.

Last edited by foxAsteria; 07-21-2018 at 12:30 PM.
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote