Thread: 2019 Production
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #73
jeranx
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Ah, yes, I now see the Pärt reference in your title. It was totally lost on me because I had not heard, or heard of the guy before.

I try to play the keyboard... I am not that good. But when some guys talk about the performance patch they mostly talk about "playing it in ."

I will probably end up doing the same as you, "drawing it in," and then tweaking note velocities and adding automation in order to get it to sound as close as possible to the real thing.

Thanks for the video, Thierry

cheers

andy
Hi Andy.
I thought for a moment, knowing absolutely nothing about music and even less about the keyboard, to buy one. When I watch their demonstration videos, it really makes me want to.

It's a little tiring to draw notes then the automations when they seem to do the same thing at once. I thought I could at least bypass the CC Lanes part by "drawing" with the keyboard faders. But not having mastered the keyboard, I'm afraid to waste my time.

For you who still have a better knowledge of the thing, you should get something done.

Did you notice the differences in legati depending on whether you play loud or soft? Afterwards, you should be able to assign the CC Lanes to the cursor on your keyboard (if you have some ) to "draw" the automations.

On my side, you may have noticed it on the video, on the low velocity notes (portamento), I make the notes overlap longer and a little less the other two types of legati.
I still get results with my method. 😉 At the end.

Good night. Good work.
Bye
jeranx is offline   Reply With Quote