Thread: Lanes limit?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #18
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcat_lt View Post
I'm not one of those who complains about the takes/comping system. It took a couple minutes to get my head around it when I came over from Sonar, but once I did I found I liked it even better than their way.

I still can't get away from lanes. I've read your posts, I understand your arguments, I can even almost agree with most of your points, but I just can't make it. It freaks me out to have all those lanes hidden under the surface, but also seeing the lanes themselves is a more intuitive way for me to tell what items use the same takes than the colors which all just seem random and uncorrelated to me.

Maybe one of these days...
I know, I don't think the OP will like it either. I just visualize it as the exact same stack, but from a z-order perspective vs a y-order perspective. The entire thing is just rotated 90 degrees. Personally, I thought it was a little unnerving at first but I can always count on the colors and the take numbers to guide me, then things get real fast and - you CANT delete a take that isn't on top so there is nothing to worry about losing. I get it, kinda.