View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 02:31 PM   #171
Thonex
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odys View Post
W8 what ? Dude chill From beginning of time "basic Reaper functionality" is that new track name is empty.
Nice and blank is referring to that lol, and I would like for an option for it to remain that way.
Sorry if I came across a little brusque, but I'm not sure you thought through the ramifications of the request you made.

On this current Pre-release, there is a new capability for newly created items to adopt the Track name (like when you pencil it in). Great! However, it introduces a wrinkle that was never there before... what if a Track has no name? Then the item gets a blank name. That is so outside the norms and conventions and introduces issues like some that have already been mentioned on this thread.

I'm all for having a nice and clean template. From what you described, you could clean yours up even more by using Track Templates They can easily be bound to a Key Command or Toolbar button. Much cleaner than a bunch of empty tracks without names and with nothing in them.

But making the default Item naming behavior to be blank on a blank track is not a good idea IMO.