View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
tbdroye
Human being with feelings

Default Not a great fix, but...

For those of you experiencing the mysterious "stretching" GUI issue with Waves plugins in Mac OSX, I've discovered that, in the FX browser, if you right click on the offending Waves plugins (all of them, basically) and choose "Run as: separate process," the GUI stretching will stop, and the interface will work correctly. You might have to close Reaper and restart it for these changes to affect plugins already inside a session.

There is one drawback: the whole "bridging process" or whatever opens up two windows, which is a pain. But, if you're like me--and totally bothered by the GUI issue--this was a welcome temporary solution, until the Cockos guys can nip this issue in the bud.

Hope this helps!

Dutchy, not sure if this is the solution for you. I had a similar problem to yours when I was using a PC though. I'd load a certain number of instances of Waves plugins, and Reaper would crash. I put a new--and better--video card in the PC, and that totally fixed the problem. Perhaps that would help you as well. It doesn't need to be a fancy video card.
tbdroye is offline   Reply With Quote