View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 PM   #8
charles.monteiro
Human being with feelings

I have been for the past hour doing more research on what drum kit to get, its not an easy decision. EZ Drummer Superior seems quite complete with functionality , tons of loops, and the add-on for the latin percussion pack is a mere approx $90.00 , the cost of the add-on for BFD is quite close to the cost of BFD. However, I will pay top prize if I'm getting the best , I just can't tell if that is the case right now.

BTW, the toontrack site seems to be down

The top contenders all will have pretty good samples and generating separate outs per drum part can be done which is needed for a good final mix. So I guess that the clincher will be what drumkit allows one to construct a drum part the easiest. Also I guess I'm also assuming that they all allow you to load external midi files. My type of music entails cuncurrently running a drum kit as well as percussion parts so that would be necessary.

Oh and yes I'm actually trying to get away with not using a real drummer , they really drive production costs way up i.e. lots of studio time, translating the requirements for the tune etc, I need a VST drumkit product that gets me there.

thanks
charles.monteiro is offline   Reply With Quote