View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #86
deeb
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
You are right Reaper have its strong and weak points. Lack of area selection for easy duplicate is pitty but I think the most important in first place is Reapers unability to select more than one envelope, move theirs control pannels (reorganize positions), select points across multiple envelopes. I hope it gonna be improved.

After all Cubase is bigger team, older and more expensive DAW than Reaper...
sorry i don't consider this less important then reordering envelope tracks or select multiple envelopes in different envelope tracks: ) in fact i feel stuck without it. It is like driving a ferrari which doesn't let me drive more then 30 kmh)

Area / range selection is a feature that will boost the workflow for anything.
select area -> create automation item
select area -> duplicate
select area -> delete

without being concerned with GPS coordinates : ) it is in the right spot, focusing what needs to be focused. (so we don't have to think which track to be selected or timeline range) - it is what you select and Reaper will care if it is an item , envelope , AI on each of the inherent selected tracks and do appropriate actions.

it is not just for envelopes. Envelopes would benefit a lot by this feature but many other will benefit. Also area selection is simple, and any user gets used even without prior experience which is nice to get more new users.

IMO it boost and simplifies any editing job.

Last edited by deeb; 11-17-2017 at 08:48 AM.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote