View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
cyrilfb
Human being with feelings

Default New version of ReaperDoc2

I have uploaded a new final release of ReaperDoc2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Say you have a saved project which has 1 effect. Run ReaperDoc2 and everythig appears fine, however if you add 2nd different effect, save the project and click "Create File" the resulting file will show two effects, but they are both listed as the same effect(name).., that being effect #1.
Quote:
Create two tracks and add a send from trk-1 to trk-2.
Run ReaperDoc2 using "list_template" and you'll notice that in both the Sends and Receives columns for trk-2 is listed "Trk 2:"
The output for trk-1 should show "Trk 2:" in the sends column and the output for trk-2 should show "Trk 1:" in it's receives column.
The above initialization problems are fixed.

Quote:
Create three tracks, add a send from trk-1 to trk-2 and add another send from trk-1 to trk-3.
Run ReaperDoc2 and you'll notice the output for trk-2 shows "Trk 2:", "Trk 3:" in the Sends column and "Trk 2:" listed in the Receives column for both trk-2 and trk-3.
The output should actually show "Trk 2:", "Trk 3:" in the Sends column of trk-1.., and "Trk 1:" in both the trk-2 and trk-3 Receives column.

Notes: There also appears to be a similar type of issue as with the effects bug.., where if you leave the ReaperDoc2 script running during the whole process and just overwrite the output file. Doing the same as in Example 1: the output will show "Trk 2:" in the Sends column of trk-2. "Trk 2:" will also be listed twice in the Receives column of trk-2 and once in trk-3's Receives column.
Fixed..

Quote:
1) When you set (File\Preferences\Separator) to "comma" and a track contains more than one effect each subsequent effect is placed in a new column instead of a new row. Example: VST-1 gets placed in the Effects column and VST-2 ends up in the Sends column when importing into EXcel.
This is csv acting the way it is defined to act. Commas force an entry into the next column. I think understand what you want and have added "linefeed" as a separator option and modified the csv template to use it properly to get line breaks in a cell.

Quote:
2) The output value of the "Sample Rate:" field should be left justified..., as it is now, it appears all way to the right in the cell.
This is Excel right-justifying a number as it is supposed to do. I see what you want though and it would be more readable. I modified the csv template to treat Sample Rate as a text field which means left-justified.

Anton9, Thanks for all of your work and for your suggestions. I have not been able to include your requested enhancements, but they are on my list of things to consider..

The new version is on the stash here:
https://stash.reaper.fm/14504/ReaperDoc2.zip

This is a list of all changes:
Bugs Fixed:
1 When used to create files multiple times without closing and reopening, FX, Sends and Receives were corrupted and reported incorrect track names and/or numbers.
2 Sends and Receives sometimes reported incorrect track names and/or numbers and sometimes crashed for reasons other than the above.
3 The csv template created a tab delimited file instead of a comma delimited file and produced inconsistent results when lists of FX, Sends, Receives were produced. It was also modified to format "Sample Rate" as left-justified instead of right-justified.
4 Sometimes when used as a custom action in Reaper, the ReaperDoc2 window would display behind the Reaper window and could only be seen by minimizing Reaper. This may be only partially fixed. It seems to depend on operating system and available memory.

Enhancements:
1 Paths may be typed into the file selection windows instead of using the browser buttons if the user chooses.
2 The browsers for output file and template file will now show all files instead of just .htm and .html. This allows the user to user to select and or name other file types.
3 Because of the above, if you name an output file "something.csv", it will open in Excel or Open Office or Libre Office if one of those is associated with .csv files. ".txt" files should open in a text editor.
4 More selections including "linefeed" were added for "Separator" in the Preferences dialog. See Documentation/Help for more on this.
5 Documentation/help file changed to reflect the above.

I hope you find this useful.

Last edited by cyrilfb; 12-14-2012 at 07:41 PM.
cyrilfb is offline   Reply With Quote