View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 03:02 PM   #9
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Be careful with Airwindows plugins. Several of them that I've noticed (perhaps more, I don't use them all) have DC offset and some are really prominent with this. His latest plugin Distance2 is insane with it when you increase the settings (bringing up even more low frequency content up to 80 Hz, and at a quite high level)...to the point where even if it's not processing audio (if it's just processing "silence"), when you move the volume fader in Reaper you'll hear "wooshing" sounds (plus pops when you bypass/enable the plugin). Load a frequency spectrum analysis plugin after it, turn the wet control up a bit, and look at everything that appears in the low frequency region.

I've mentioned this to him a couple times about some of his plugins but he hasn't responded (to me, or others who have mentioned this).

Anyway make sure you're using Console correctly just in case: "channel" plugin at the end of the fx chain of each channel, "buss" plugin at the start of the fx chain of the buss those channels feed into. Console isn't one of his plugins that I use (since after blind testing revealed I couldn't reliably notice a difference in the sound, not that others can't but it doesn't help me anyway).
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote