View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
Turbo Tim
Human being with feelings

Default Thanks Stella

Thanks Stella - No I have one media file in track 1. No other plugins, about 6 takes that I moved to new tracks and muted, I shuffle them back and forth to choose which bits I like but at this stage I don't like any of it!! LoL

Yes - I change nothing for standalone to reaper - although if I use standalone Amplitube I have to restart PC before I use reaper and vice versa.

I am trying to record guitar to track 2 - dry sound records fine. Once you add reverb/delay to the input line it obviously changes how it sounds and feels, so I need to hear that sound as it goes down.

The fx sound is just far enough behind that you cannot record with it.

Changed drivers to zoom's, same. Changed back, lost everything, restart.
Don't know what I did, lost all guitar input on reaper, but could still hear it in monitors. Restart.
Got input sound back, started over and put FX on input, same lag again. Restart - and so on

Driving me crazy, lost so many hours trying to get this so I can record with the plugin FX.

5 days and god knows how many restarts later - 430am starts so outside work I get 2 hours at night when knackered to try to master this, not winning...

Tonight maybe I'll dig out the old gnx4 and see what I can do with that - probably just record wet sound, unless I can get a dry output and monitor wet sound through headphones or something.

Who knew it could be this hard? I didn't think a plugin on the input should render reaper unusable to record with. Hex core extremely fast PC, so not overloading that.

If it is something I have got wrong, when I find it I will post here. I just don't get why the dry sound is OK but the wet lags so much.

PS. One other thing, original track is in G#, I shift9/0 so I can leave my guitar in 440 tune. Would hope that shouldn't matter?