Thread: Acoustic guitar
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #53
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Hit Tod... I admit I was listening on cheap headphones at work and only noticed the lack of brightness or extra low end, whatever it was - I trust you so thanks for the info. I hope I wasn't being confusing about my reference to my first multitracks - those weren't about the '57, just the realization that we can't always trust what sounds good soloed or isolated.
Hey my friend, I wan't referencing or contradicting anything you said. Actually I thought I was agreeing with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog10 View Post
Speaking of context, verse 1 is going to be only guitar and vocal which is why I'm being strict on the sound, I'm after warm and organic, not bright and tinny, at least for that part of the track.
I think the cut you posted in your original post is actually pretty excellent. If I was you, I'd use the same configuration except add another condenser, somewhere behind the players head pointed at the back bridge. Maybe 2.5, 3, or 4 feet from the bridge.

Actually a good way to position that 2nd mic would be to move your head around the guitar while it's being played. I know of a lot of audio engineers who will do that. Of course if you're the player, that's rather difficult.

There's nothing better then a well recorded stereo acoustic guitar, especially a Martin.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote