View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #408
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
of course - like all good ideas its no doubt cropped up before, but you do need the planetry alignments in your favour too!

just played around and seems cool, though definately needs selection and loop points unlinked which feels v. alien, so an extra 'toggle loop locking' key assignment close by may be handy for me!

one thing i've noticed is that selecting 'just time' (no items) is quite a tricky task particularly if you don't have labels above items showing or empty tracks.

any way to make that easier?

also i find the new cut and split actions work better/quicker for me if its part of a macro that has 'remove time selection (keeping loop points)' after the cut or split command - as then you can return/switch to cursor focused edits quickly without manually removing the selection.
might be nice to include that as part of the action but is no big deal to make a macro and of course this assumes you have gone headlong into unlinking selection and loop points.

can't really see a way of using them with them linked.

cool tho!
Weird. All actions are working perfectly here: in or out of the time selection. Did you actually assign keys to those actions or are you running them from the action list? If you're running them from the action list it won't work because they are focus dependent and in that case the action list has the focus.

Last edited by Mercado_Negro; 03-28-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Mercado_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote