View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #62
mpb2016
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryg View Post
I think we might want to take particular note of external apps like ControllerMate, MidiPipe, MIDIHarmonizer and now TransMIDIfier that composers are turning to in order to solve problems like this and ask "what are they bringing to the game, what problems are they solving, that makes them compelling enough to overcome the extra complexity of using them as add-ons?" and think about what might be done to incorporate the same sort of functionality internally.
Yes, I totally agree, things like transmidifier, BRSO Articulate, FlexRouter and all the others are basically trying to solve the lack of standardization among different VSTi's switching articulations, massaging CCs etc, but ideally this should be possible to do right in the DAW and that would really be a huge jump forward on the midi side. And I think a lot of this functionality is almost already there in Reaper.

I can see the similarities between, for example, BRSO Articulate (http://www.syntheticorchestra.com/articulatereaper/) and the articulation selection menu in the notation editor in Reaper and if it was possible to map the articulations in a similar way it's done in BRSO for example, it would be great, IMHO

Last edited by mpb2016; 03-02-2016 at 03:21 PM.
mpb2016 is offline   Reply With Quote