View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 09:34 AM   #31
cubic13
Human being with feelings

Hi again, AugerJ, and thanks for the report.

About your two first screenshots, it's a bug from me. I set the mcp.label with a height of 20 pixels, as the place let in the bottom for it has a 33 pixels one. The result is that we indeed see the label 'panel' divided vertically when the Set track label background to custom track colors option is activated, as this one adds a supplementary layer of color over the label. It's totally invisible when this option is not set and I actually never use it, that's why it went over my radar. I found a fix that will be in the update I'm preparing.

I have more problems with your other suggestions...

1) I really like the tcp.recmode control to be as much visible as possible, as it gives an immediate view about how the track is set for recording and this is especially useful when you are using, as me, multioutputs VSTis. So, sorry, but I think I'm going to let it as it is, at least for a while.

2) I'm going to see if I can put the volume control on the right of the existing ones. The problem is that for me, the different controls here are essential for me when, in example, I start a recording. I need these to be in view, even if the track has only one row visible. I'll see what I can do about it. Beside this, the pan knob is too big for a one row view. Maybe I can put a slider instead or little knob but where to put it ? On the right of an eventual volume fader ? This would need us to widen the tcp area to something like 400 pixels...

3) About the pan and volume knob being informative enough in the 'Routing' window, the values displayed here are not themable. I can't get rid of it, even if I wanted.

4) I had thought about reducing the tcp.label size but this will need to process again the coordinates of several other controls in the tcp panel. I'll probably do it at some point but not in the update I'm preparing.

Thanks again for the debugging help !
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote