View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 04:56 AM   #243
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
leaving the underlying envelope at unity/center still wrestles control away from any MIDI or osc controller you're using, too, unless you're actively recording envelope data.
Is this correct? Testing here with an OSC or web controller, existing automation takes over controllers that are mapped to FX parameters, the same way FX knobs on the FX UI are taken over, but controllers mapped to track parameters like volume or pan remain active for trim, the same way the TCP controls do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
i wouldn't want it to chase anything unless there was actually envelope data under the play cursor
This makes playback non-deterministic if you seek within the project, which is a pretty big deal. For example, region renders could sound different from full-project renders. Making this sort of a live playback or composition mode, rather than an editing or mastering mode. I am happy to continue discussing the idea but the concept of introducing different use case modes like this would be, like I said, a big deal.

Maybe it could be an automation mode? In addition to trim, touch, latch etc, individual envelopes or global automation could be set to trim automation items only, touch automation items only, latch automation items only, etc, and the envelope would be disabled outside of automation items when in that mode?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote