Old 02-26-2015, 07:17 AM   #1
X-Raym
Human being with feelings

Default ReaScript: Set/Offset selected envelope points values

Hi!

Two EEL scripts for today

The initial idea is to satisfy this feature request:
Set Value... - Envelope Point Action
So because it came as a script, we can set it to a keyboard shortcut. No more right clicking.

But it go a bit further, because it works on all selected envelope points! How cool is that ?
It doesn't handle point shape and other parameters, because actions already exist for this. It just handle values.

I made it in two versions:
  • Set, which define value in absolute mode.
  • Offset, which add the user input value to the current point value.

These scripts could be use for any envelope scripts actions as template because they can handle of kind of envelope range for take or track.

It is "pretty simple" so far, but I was the first step for more advanced envelope scripting. In progress: Randomize selected envelope points with GFX Slider. :P

Disclaimer:

Yes, it required a REAPER 5 pre-release version. I posted here anyway, because when REAPER 5 will came out, I wouldn't be able to move my thread in the right forum place, and it would be stuck - and misplaced for ever - in pre-release section, where no one will find it even if he need it. Keep it secret despite the fact is working would be a sad solution.
Anyway, I think that I you are here, you are also one of those guy who check for new pre-releases every day. It is the case for all kind users who left me comments in this sections so far.
I hope you will understand my points. So let's freely share scripts now!

Download:

Multitracks
  • X-Raym_Set flat points value in time selection preserving edges if time selection.lua
  • X-Raym_Set flat points value in time selection.lua
  • X-Raym_Set or Offset envelope points preserving edges if time selection.lua
  • X-Raym_Set or Offset envelope points value.lua

Demo

Thanks to Xenakios who told me the concept behind finding the envelope range! (it is simply based on envelope names).

Last edited by X-Raym; 10-06-2015 at 04:35 AM.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote