View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #30
MikComposer
Human being with feelings

Same things happens here. Glad it's going to be fixed. I was just starting this difficult track, and this shit started happening, I thought I'm gonna have to come up with new slurs towards reaper. Although, this shit shouldn't be happening already. How it is that every time the new update comes out, stuff that used to work well suddenly breaks up? Although I get that in this case, new algo to smooth out vel editing was made, so that fair enough.

@schwa Do you think you guys can leave tiny margin of active area when editing not selected velocity bars? Cause right now, when I edit one with ought grabbing it, if I just move 1px too much to the left, it activates editing of the previous cc bar, even if it is half of the bar earlier. So limiting active area to only half of a selected grid, or even better, half of the distance between neighboring bars, would make work so much more easier.

And you guys really need to think of those things. This is what most annoying about reapers interface, and it is annoying me for years on end. I have precise mouse, I am very fast with it, and I don't want to slow down - I don't want to get neurotic, to get things right. It works like that in any other software, whatever it is, but reaper: a dynamic active padding area is needed. So it's something to really think about.
The active padding area works like this: several pixels of padding are being activated for the object to which mouse cursor has got shortest distance, and deactivates when the cursor is either hovering over the object or is further away then padding value. When you have several button next to each other, the padding activation is still mouse distance dependent and weather it is over an object or not. So object cursor doesn't have to be exactly under a button or item for it to click it ( although due to how tight items are being placed, this would require it to have a specific smaller padding size), and padding up to around 5px would do i reckon.