View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #49
deeb
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
If they shuddered in shock at how duplication works, I expect they ran away in horror when you showed them Regions!
Probably yes but regions at least in production of 6 -8 minutes songs are done dozens of times while copying and pasting is thousands.
If reaper implements Range/area selection basically they are doing a better region duplication also, because the way i see range selection == region selection without having to have all Y axis selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
Have you perhaps checked out the scripts yet? Are there any features of Ableton's duplication that are not covered by the duplication script?
I don't know about ableton i was a cubase guy. In cubase i used range selection for every every copy no need of anything else. Really! It's fast, occurate no hassles and covers region, range, tiny bit, long bits, 1 track , all tracks, strange attack times : EVERYTHING . CMD + D and Range selection removes need of dozens to hundreds of scripts we have available.
i talked earlier about this to vanhaze. i am not sure if i tried all of them but tried a lot.

But one thing: range selection is not to solve just this particular situation only. It is a tool that solves any duplication scenario.

Any way
Example:
Track A
Envelope1
Envelope2

I want duplicate Track: events in track A and Env1 fast if possible
In cubase i do this in 2 seconds even with strange times, clean , without messing anything else. One click to select range and CMD + D or CMD + C/ CMD + V or drag and drop to move, or duplicate with CMD pressed, .. blablabla: Simple. which also means: better workflow, better mood of producer == better music

Last edited by deeb; 10-13-2017 at 11:35 AM.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote