View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 10:02 AM   #12
quadrifoglio
Banned

No spikes in Activity Monitor, it stays steady at 10% to 15%, but it crackles.

As for buggy plugin, well we used to it back then when we used Pro Tools, so we renamed Audio folder and deleted all Reaper preferences, and started fresh again with only Reaper plugins, still the same.

There is no other app running except Apollo mixer, but the system can not work without it. We tried the built-in audio card, and the same is happening.

The system respond as expected with every latency setting. The difference in latency can be heard easily, and we feel the difference when play VIs.
At 256 it is somewhat sable, but as I said, it is still prone to crackling here and there. The lower we go, the more it crackles.

In my previous post I explained new info about virtual instruments, we can use 5 or 6 instruments with 32 samples latency without problems. As soon as we introduce audio file in project, problem starts.
I know this does not have any sense because VIs are basically audio files streamed form the disk, but that is what is happening.
I will say again, we import 10 audio files in empty project, without any plugin or virtual instrument, and Reaper can not play the project without crackling at 32 samples. So, no processing at all.

As for 44.1 vs 48 khz, please do not go that way.
quadrifoglio is offline   Reply With Quote