View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 05:10 AM   #4335
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicowl View Post
Are there any tutorials for LBX stripper? I tried to use it several times, but I'm a bit lost. Or at least some vide showcase what can be done with it.
I can put knobs and make it work, but I cannot make it usable in practice. Would be really helpful to see how others are making a channel strip and use it in real situation.
There are various video's floating around - many linked to in the first post.

It depends on how you wish to use it. The idea is to create channel strips using your different plugins - drag in necessary controls (like you've been able to do) - and set up the strip so you can control all the plugins through the single interface. Then - once you're happy with the strip - go into Strip edit mode and save the strip.

You can then drag this strip onto any new track/s through strip edit mode.

Of course - there's no limit to how many strips you can create. You can create strips for different tasks (vocal channel, drum bus, master etc), create smaller modular strips so you can mix and match, and to recall them whenever required.

Using it like this is a bit like creating template tracks, but with the addition of providing controls for the plugins all on the one interface.

Additionally - you can create snapshot presets - which stores the settings of all or part of the entire strip - something not quite so easy to do otherwise (although can be done using SWS stuff too I believe). Useful for creating different starting points or A/B ing different mix settings.

You can easily (ish) set up external controllers to link to the controls (with midi feedback if required).

There's internal modulation (not very time accurate - but useful for some tasks).

XY controls/macro controls for controlling multiple parameters at once.

If you wanted you can set up cycle controls to turn a fully parametric EQ plugin into a frequency stepped one featuring just your favourite frequencies, or gain increments etc.

And many other features/possibilities.

It's too in-depth to go into fully in this post - sometimes it's best to try things out - and then ask if you have a specific query or task to do that you cannot work out.

It can take some time to set up strips how you want them - but you only need to invest that time once for each strip (unless you tweak it) - and then it's available for use in all your projects.

Of course - the above is mainly useful for mixing/mastering tasks, but it can also be useful in other scenarios too (Live, Sound Design etc).
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote