View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #4
Philbo King
Human being with feelings

I picked up a 50" Samsung TV on Black Friday for about $300. I run it at 1920x1080, which helps a LOT.

(back story: I bought a 32" TV for this 3 years ago, the wife took it to our bedroom. So I bought a 40" TV for this 2 years ago, the wife took THAT one to our bedroom and put the 32" in our guest room. (sigh) So I got this one last fall, and insisted I get to keep it for the DAW. She relented; now we watch TV in the (basement) studio during hot weather.) I guess I have enough TVs now...

I use the big one only for the TCP; the MCP/Action List/other stuff is in a tabbed docker on a separate 18" monitor at 1440x900, and all the other stuff (effects windows, control app for my interface, etc,) is on a 20" monitor at 1920x1080.

I also did some stuff in the Theme Editor (in the Actions List) to boost font sizes and a few other contrast enhancements.

All this stuff helped a lot... It really speeds up the work. I got a track ball so I can just give it a spin to jump from monitor to monitor, and pair of weak reader glasses that I always keep at the DAW station for when tiny text still pops up...

I now feel really crippled when working on a single monitor; I guess I'm spoiled.

Last edited by Philbo King; 07-19-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Philbo King is offline   Reply With Quote