View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #6
mccrabney
Human being with feelings

my laptop is about as powerful as one could buy.

i fully anticipate that the playstart itself will not be as realtime as "hit the PLAY button on the downbeat and reaper starts immediately" even though software like Ableton Live purports to do that. that's not a problem

what i'd like is something that would at least start playing inside a short looped time selection before the project content starts that i could silently and manually sync to the external content ala tap tempo, and then remove the loop selection to begin the project.

ie:

[______]~~~~~~~~~

meanwhile dropping in a REAPER project to an external beat is not an option unless i'm not using my typical FX set. instead i'm leading/concluding these multisong live projects with filtering ins/outs, ambient noise rises and falls, and straight up cold start/ends that rely on quick switches to external sampler trigger noises in order to maintain the flow.

i've long since accepted that i'm going to have to bully REAPER into being a live electronic music performance tool, so workarounds are just fine.
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote