View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 07:40 PM   #10
pixeltarian
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futur8me View Post
On a Mac they are automatically put into the AU and VST folders.., double click on your hard drive icon then go into library folder then go into the audio folder then go into the plugins folder then go into the AU and VST folders and delete the ones you do not want.., its simple.., also right click on the AU components and VST files and choose 'get info' to find out which ones are 32bit.., usually the older 32bit files are smaller in size.., the newer 64bit files are slightly larger.

Yes. I am an experienced mac user and reaper user. I have not included my default plugin directory for reaper to scan. I have deleted all all locations in settings>Plugins>VST except the custom one that I have only 64bit AU plugins.

So basically what I'm going to go ahead and assume is that reaper has no directory customization options for AU. It can only clear VST plugin paths and AU paths are automatically scanned no matter what. I think? Although that still makes no sense because I have renamed my default VST and AU (components) directories so reaper cannot find them. It still finds a bunch of x86 audio unit plugins. It makes no sense unless there is some secret plugin folder reaper scans and mac has that I am unaware of.
pixeltarian is offline   Reply With Quote