View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #14
jnif
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
In this new release, it's possible to move one envelope point downside or upside an another point. I prefer when it was not possible (it becomes very hard when we want move two points or more which are near together, without destroy the envelope shape). Is it possible to add an option to have the choice between those two options, please ?
+1
(edit: I'm not sure what you mean by moving point downside or upside an another point. I guess you mean moving a point past another. I think it should be possible to move a point directly above or below another point, to exactly same time position with another point. But moving a point past another should be prevented by default, and allowed with optional mouse modifier.)

I would prefer a default behavior where it would not be possible to move single envelope point past other points. I think envelope editing is more user-friendly when the order of points in envelope path is preserved. There could be an optional mouse modifier for allowing single point moves to go past other points, but it should be rarely needed.

Envelope point could also push following/preceding points forward/backward when user tries to move a point past another.
Like this:

At least, this old envelope editing bug should be fixed:

In this example, the order of points is changed even when user is not trying to move point past another.

jnif

Last edited by jnif; 06-09-2017 at 05:34 PM.
jnif is offline   Reply With Quote