View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 04:42 AM   #24
ry_cooder
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzang View Post
This issue is still a mystery to me. Fortunately it only happens after I have loaded one of my heavy projects with many plugins, then open another moderately heavy plugin project. Then that second project may not be able to load some plugins. The workaround is simply to close Reaper, then open the next project.

But in my tests, I have been able to make it not load some plugins on the first launching of Reaper with no previous project loaded. The test project I think had about 100-200 plugins. The threshold number of plugins after which plugins would not load was variable, depending on what plugins were successfully loaded. I also tested on my Win 10 Netbook with similar results.

Fortunately I don't currently have a project that crosses that threshold.
Yes, I am exactly in the same situation. It's like there is a limited number of plugins that Reaper can load per session. I tried to solve by freezing a lot of tracks, but it didn't work. Both freezing and rendering are great to reduce CPU usage, but by freezing Plugins are still stored somewhere in the project data, and their threshold number is easily hit.

I think this is a Reaper bug. There is no correlation between CPU/RAM usage and the plugin not loaded error. It's really annoying because it is time consuming. I often find myself in the middle of a mix in the situation that I can't add more plugins without rendering tracks. And sometimes rendering is not the best solution, what if you need to tweak some eq settings later? My workaround is to have several backup projects, and recall individual tracks or busses one by one if I need to tweak them, but hey what a waste of time..

Last edited by ry_cooder; 02-01-2018 at 04:53 AM.
ry_cooder is offline   Reply With Quote