View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #21
Tonehenge
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
If you were a windows guy, you would have been far less reluctant to blame the OS!

FWIW I run a Mac Mini i7 quad server from mid 2011 with Logic Pro9 and Reaper on it & am about to try Mixbus 4 on the same machine. I am on Mavericks because Logic Pro9 doesnt like anything past Mavericks, but so far I have had no issues with LP9 or Reaper.

Be funny if it turned out to be Apples "upgrades and improvements" that were the sole cause of your problems.

Me? I haven't 100% trusted any OS since I was forced to give up OS9/OSK back in the eighties!
I know it's tempting to turn this into a fanboy OS like/dislike thread, just don't do it. I can talk about as many BSOD's (Win) as spinning beachballs (Mac). The issue I WAS having (now completely and inexplicably gone) is an example of how complicated this whole thing is, independent of the OS. Fundamentally I like Mac OS better, because it better matches my temperament and sensibilities in terms of owning and running a computer, but coding software that runs real time media with a Mac is probably more difficult due to constraints put on the coders...add to that the difficulty of porting an app that was constructed originally using a Windows API (which Reaper probably was) and you have a herculean task ahead of you. I'm so glad my situation righted itself, because thought of moving forward without Reaper being my central workbench was terrifying. As you were everybody...get back to your respective OS's and make some good music...the world needs it!