View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 07:27 AM   #118
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
This is one of the coolest scripts ever.

Adding the ability to focus the plugin really plays nicely with the smart knobs script as well

So right now I have a janky solution to something I was trying to accomplish.

I use this script to just show one fx at a time but I wanted to be able to open whichever fx alot I wanted right away. So I just made custom actions like

LBXFXPOS OPEN
LBXFXPOS NEXT
LBXFXPOS NEXT

for slot 3.

It actually works ok but you can see the script going through those actions, I assume there is a more elegant solution.

Is there something I can modify for my use case?

p.s. I probably haven't looked at the newest version. It sounds like there is a direct to page function on the setup script now, but I'm assuming I wouldnt be able to map that (and if I could, I would probably have to keep the setup script open)

So anyways, forgive me if the latest one answers my question
Hi Charlie,

I think the main SetUp GUI lets you do this.

I'll think about how to go about this neatly if you are hoping to do it without the main GUI open.

I really need to revisit this - because I think there are much much better ways available now to do the repositioning using API's made available in Julian's API.

But as always - I have a list a mile long of things I need to do, thanks to the incredible things fellow scripters/programmers have brought to the table recently. So it's just a matter of getting round to it.

Cheers

EDIT: You could always take a look at the NEXT/PREV scripts themselves - towards the bottom you'll see a line like:

tpage = tpage + 1

tpage is the page you wish to display.

So you could make multiple identical scripts and simply change it to something like:

tpage = [fx slot number]

replacing [fx slot number] with the required fx slot number (obv.) eg. tpage = 4 - would open fx slot 5 (as it's 0 based)

This might work ok. Not sure 100% what it would do if you chose a page not available though (think it will just open the first fx slot).

EDIT2:

Editing the PREV one would probably open the last fx slot if you try to open a page beyond the last fx.

Last edited by lb0; 05-04-2019 at 07:36 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote