View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 02:44 AM   #444
kodebode2
Human being with feelings

Nitsuj

1st thanks ever so much again for adding versioning to the files, something you graciously did a while ago. In recent times I had v 1.0.3 and I missed v1.0.4, so I now have v1.0.5 also.

You have done this very well, in both the directory naming and in the comments within each plugin (the EQ in particular). Absolutely excellent.

As a previous developer myself, I appreciate that progress sometimes comes with "challenges", and especially in what I would consider a rather Agile development process for these gifts to humanity, which do not have the privilege of a huge QA budget and extensive end-user beta testing, I accept that there may be a few regression issues, things that unintentionally slip in, which are then fixed in future versions.

I also realise that the audio portion of the code, not just the look and feel, may change over time, and should I have previous projects, I may want the audio to stay consistent with the version I used, for the project.

Here's what I have done, upon receipt of v1.0.5.

1. Ensured I keep each version in its own directory in Reaper's effects folder.

2. Modified the "desc" at the top of the .jsfx to include the version.

3. In my case I do this at install before using the plugin in any project...

4. Maintain a backup of these revised files/directories, in the event that I need to reinstall on a different computer or for recovery purposes

Result

This way, should there be any changes which I wish to preserve in my audio processing, I can always revert to an earlier version.

All in all, a minor installation overhead....

As always thanks for this superb plugin.... The new version is as some would say in the Afro American community in the USA, "dope" i.e very good stimulant...

Congratulations, and thanks always.....

I have one question though you indicate that the HQ mode adds some latency, but I do not find this reported by Reaper. when I change between the quality modes from Digital to HQ and back.. Please clarify why Reaper does not inform me of any change in PDC..
kodebode2 is offline   Reply With Quote