View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
Ice
Human being with feelings

Default New Track Automation Mode - OFF/DISABLED

Please add an automation mode that is selectable per track that is simply OFF.

I've been searching for a way to mimic the Pro Tools automation mode of "OFF", and none of my workarounds really hold up.

I use this all the time in Pro Tools on individual tracks and its incredibly helpful.

I can leave all my automation on a track intact, and leave plugins online. Everything just plays back in its current position and there is no automation playback or risk of overwriting existing automation.

The closest workaround I've tried is Global Bypass, but then I lose playback of everything including clip automation.

Toggling lanes on and off individually is tedious at best, and with even a few parameters, time prohibitive.

In some cases I can disable the FX Rack on a track, but most of the time I want to still monitor through those plugins so thats not a good alternative either.

I thought that hiding the envelopes used to work, but at least here, on the Master Track which is the place I'll want to use it the most, automation plays back even with the lanes hidden.

Accompanying actions to toggle this on selected tracks, etc., would also be very helpful.

---- The best alternative I've found so far is to put the track in latch preview, and make sure the envelopes are all armed. If they're not armed, they act as if they're in read. ----

Last edited by Ice; 06-18-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote