View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #25
Lawrence
Human being with feelings

My $0.02...

Cockos already has The Stash with a script category so .... imo... mmv as usual...

- All good scripts should probably be uploaded there.
- Reaper should list those things directly from inside it's browser.

It is 2015 after all. How hard would it really be to browse the Stash from - inside - of Reaper and grab / install anything there directly?

I often regret mentioning my other daw but it's really kind of a no-brainer. Browse the net from inside the app to see and list - everything - that users would share with each other and grab any or all of it. They're already paying for the server anyway so why (after 10 years) it's still not integrated into the application is beyond me.

It's certainly not because Justin, arguably the inventor of modern file sharing, can't code http or ftp transport.

Honestly, why reinvent the wheel? Just list that stuff directly like enough other products do and if you need a new script or drum map or macro or theme or whatever, drag it in to install it and use it or whatever...

The other companies (like Mixcraft) partly do it for "content" (loop and sample media). Reaper has no optional content other than user scripts, themes, fx chains, track templates, etc, etc ... but... same concept.

Last edited by Lawrence; 11-23-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote