View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #93
Sju
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Yeah, sounds good. I assume you meant drive? Because the post-gain already was. I've now made the drive gain part of the wet path.
Hmm, actually I meant that the post gain should _only_ affect the Wet path, so we can use it to compensate and get an even volume balance between Dry and Wet paths when the waveshaper starts to kick in. This way moving the Dry/Wet knob from 0% to 100% would maintain constant loudness throughout.

On the other hand, having a clean gain option seems useful too. Some plugins provide both, for example TDL Kotelnikov... but that's two knobs instead of one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Ctrl + LMB on the node bypasses the saturator/waveshaper now. There's also a little light for it.
Thank you here I kind of meant that the bypassed signal would be just the Dry path (without post-gain, see above). Then post-gain would be used on the Wet signal to balance the loudness with the Dry, and then you can toggle bypass to switch between the two while maintaining contant loudness.

But again, I also see the value for clean gain, so we can use the bands like a pseudo-eq. Unfortunately the current configuration might make it impossible to match the loudness of Dry and Wet in some cases.

EDIT: Oh by the way, would it be possible to increase the post-gain range? I keep running out of range on that slider when pushing things into distortion with the shift+drag inverse link, especially on high frequency bands where it can take quite a bit of drive to get in there.

Last edited by Sju; 05-14-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote