View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 05:48 AM   #14
StudioDave
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Stone View Post
After some concerted effort, and a lot of help from chaps far smarter with linux than i, it seems wineasio build 0.5, isn't built for amd64, in 64bit.
Not sure if this can be modded or, bluntly, i've missed something, but a heads up for those who might try this, and not understand why it doesn't want to compile or install.
One problem is that you can't connect to a 64-bit JACK from a 32-bit instance of wineasio. This problem may be resolved sometime soon, maybe not. Meanwhile, you can build Wine and wineasio for 64-bits. I've not experimented with any 64-bit native Windows music and sound software, sorry.

For perspective: I run Reaper on a JAD box (2.4 GHz) with OpenSUSE 10.2, with Wine and wineasio for a reported latency between 2 to 6 ms. I run Reaper on my 64 Studio box (2 GHz) with a 32-bit build of Wine but without wineasio and get a much higher latency report (between 24 and 164 ms). Sound hardware is the same for both machines (M-Audio Delta 66), and both systems are configured for realtime kernel performance.
StudioDave is offline   Reply With Quote