View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #30
skippertag
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
@skippertag, I suppose to summarize, all I have to go by is my ears. I could download the same analysis tool you have and not have a clue what I am looking at.

At this stage in my learning, I am experimenting with what I have learned and letting my ears by the final judge more so that what I might see in an analyzer.

Granted, with a better understanding of available tools, I'm sure this will all change in the future, but the ears should always be the final authority. I would be a fool to say that my (or any) mix is perfect, though. There is always room for improvement and I am here to learn as well.
Interesting point (let your ears decide) that so many people tell ya (people who are very very experienced and in the mixing mastering business for a very long time where the new digital standards haven't been present... and who have the best monitoring money can buy...) For me, personally, without analyzers I couldn't do my job like I do it.. especially when it comes to Inter Sample Peaks and the new loudness "rules"..

but anyhow ... funny thing ... just after I wrote my comment I received an email from iZotope with an interesting blogpost (in particular No. 4: "Use the meter instead of you ear" ;-)

https://www.izotope.com/en/community...d-but-did.html

Just to mention it again - I think you made a great song with meaningful lyrics and a top notch arrangement!
Congrats!
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote