View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #58
azslow3
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapu View Post
I'm not sure is this is a Reaper thing or a reacwp but I'm not always seeing both visual faders when a track has a volume and pre-fx volume automation.

Alexy, in my project I sent you, Master has both visual sliders but Keys only has the Volume fader, yet it too has a pre-fx volume automation.

There are a few other but that should be enough to go on.
Keys also have both.
But I have decided to use different visualizations for 2 cases:
- "real" gain automation (f.e. on Master) is shown in a separate envelope lane
- gain envelope as a single value from "Input gain" knob is shown on the track itself
That serves 2 purpose:
1) clearly indicate that the "origin" for this envelope is different
2) reduct the number of "lanes" (f.e. all your "Jason Guitars" have not default input gain)

Quote:
Lastly, why do I not see movement of faders and automation faders when the project is playing?
Reaper default way to work with envelopes (explained in ReaCWP documentation...). Sonar a kind of support the same, but that is rarely used in it.
Faders in Reaper are by default in "Trim" mode. Make a lot of sense, taking into account how many "volume envelopes" Reaper support on one track ( "Take", "Pre-FX", "Volume", "Trim-Volume").
You can make them move in case you switch to "Read" mode and "Arm" corresponding envelope (may be making it armed by default is a good idea, but for safety I disarm during conversion).
That also make sense ( have you even moved a fader in Sonar with the transport stopped and then was wondering why the level is still the same? has happened for me many times...).
azslow3 is online now   Reply With Quote