View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 08:37 AM   #10
5string
Human being with feelings

hey guys, that's the way i'm doing it. (don't know how to use the quote feature on here) but here is an excerpt from my initial post: "I've gotten around it this way: back up the playback track far enough so that i can begin it playing and then then click the transfer button in essential just before it gets to the point where i want data transfer to take place. but there's still a prob - it will transfer data for a short time ( 2 or 3 or 5 seconds) and the transfer button goes out ( light not lit) and the data stops transferring. with my mouse over the transfer button, i can click the transfer button and it will start transferring data again". it's kinda like in the old days when you had to ride the gain fader while mixing - then compressors came along.

looking at another side -in a previous reply, superfly 76 mentioned that he thought the problem might be that i had melodyne essential VST and ReWire in my effects. problem is i don't know how to get rid of the ReWire. i have uninstalled and reinstalled both the melodyne (being careful to check only the VST option during installation) and Reaper. Yet whenever i open my effects on the Reaper track, the melodyne ReWire still shows up. Short of reformatting the H D - i don't know what else to do.

anyone know if melodyne essential will work with garrage band on the mack (without these prob) ? i'm thinking of exporting the vox track to garrage band, pitch corr it with melodyne and then export it back to Reaper

in summary- 1) is there any way to get rid of the melodyne ReWire in my effects box ? 2) will melodyne essential work with garrage band ?

pls help
5string