View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 07:47 AM   #131
Eliseat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post

If it happens again. Please try the following in this order:
1a. Toggle lookahead, see if it resolves the issue.
1b. Toggle FIR, see if this resolves it.
1c. Toggle the waveshaper off, see if this resolves it.
1d. Toggle all the dynamics processing off (modulation / dynamic), see if this resolves it.
1e. Toggle the filters off, see if this resolves it.
2. Seek to a certain time point in the arrange view (Every time you seek, @init is called).
3. Disable Filther, see if good performance comes back.
4. (Re)enable Filther, see if bad performance comes back.
5. Save preset, unload filther, load preset, see if performance is restored.

Also, note the pdc_delay value for me.

Thanks!
I will check the list next time. The weird thing is, it happens sometimes 3 or 4 times after the first peak. And sometimes it doesn't happen even once. But I will have a look at it.

- I noticed, that the hold time slider for MIDI2 is not working

- the graphical issue shows up rarely when working in the WS windows with extreme settings, but it doesn't end up with a freeze rather then just flashing the WS curve for a 1/10 second out of the boundaries and back. This also happens sometimes when changing other parameters (dyn,lfo)

- the random LFO doesn't do random if linked with midi trigger, it starts always with the same value. Could this be made to also be random as it else isn't possible to get it in sync?

- At the end I have to say that Filther is way more stable since the last releases. It seems that filters don't break out to easy. But this also could be because I mostly use bass like square waves as sound sources.

- The MIDI2 Mode is lovely. This adds so much motion and movement if you use velocity for expression. Great. Also the LFO-DYN separations is very clever made and is smooth like a Baby-Popo! I just realized how cool it is to use one filter with LFO and one with DYN.

- A final suggestion: Would it be possible to also make the output gain slider DYN sensitive? - Why? Sometimes you have filters which don't separate enough between notes as their lowest lowcut lets to much level thru. With a (amp envelope like) triggered output level this could be compensated a bit. I know the waveshaper is dynamic but this doesn't help if you use it for really hard carving.

Hm... I see, this is not easy to explain.

Anyway. Filther rocks! And next week I will upload some videos with examples and presets. There are some lovely ones present in those.